Pelvic Health Physical Therapy
What is the Pelvic Floor?
- The pelvic floor is a group of muscles that support and control the reproductive health of your bowel, bladder, and sexual function.
- When these muscles are not working properly, it can most commonly cause symptoms of pain or other symptoms that may interfere with daily activities.
- Research has shown that Pelvic Health Physical Therapy is effective in relieving pelvic floor symptoms and improving one’s ability to function normally!
What should you expect with Pelvic Health Physical Therapy?
- Pelvic Health physical therapy is a specialty area that focuses on musculoskeletal treatment for sexual function, bowel, and bladder; applicable for all individuals regardless of sexual orientation or gender identification.
- An evaluation will start with a complete review of your medical history, your diagnosis, your symptoms, and other paramount information related to your care.
- Our team of Pelvic Health Specialists will complete a thorough musculoskeletal examination to properly assess your symptoms which may include a pelvic floor assessment (never mandatory).
- A comprehensive plan of care/program will be created to assist in restoring optimal function and to improve your quality of life!
- All sessions are one-on-one treatment.
- No need to feel hopeless or ashamed of pain down under. We are here to help and support you to overcome your challenges! You’re not in this alone!
Meet Our Pelvic Health Physical Therapists
Dr. Crystal E. Okenkpu, PT, DPT, CLT
What conditions do you treat with Pelvic Health Physical Therapy?
*Pelvic Health Physical Therapy can also be used for preventive measures
- Exercise in Pregnancy
- Physical therapy/exercise after Vaginal birth
- Physical therapy/exercise after C-section
- Perineal stretching
- Diastasis Recti Abdominis (DRA)
- Birthing positions / How to push during labor
- Postpartum sex
- Mastectomy Recovery (Breast Surgery Rehab)
- Axillary Web Syndrome (Breast Cancer Cording)
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD)
- Lymphedema Management
- Urinary Incontinence (Urinary Leakage)
- Athletic Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary frequency / Urinary Urgency
- Urinary Retention (Incomplete Emptying)
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Dyspareunia (Painful Sex)
- Chronic Pelvic Pain (Vaginismus)
- Bladder Pain Syndrome / Interstitial Cystitis
- Pudendal Neuralgia
- Reconstructed Bladder
- Fecal Incontinence (Stool Leakage)
- Painful Defecation
Male Pelvic Health:
- Physical Therapy/exercise after Prostatectomy
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Penis or Rectal Muscle Spasm
- Chronic Prostatitis
Pelvic Girdle Pain:
- Low back pain
- SI joint pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain)
- Pubic Symphysis Pain
- Acute Tailbone Pain
- Chronic Tailbone Pain
Sculpt U is an amazing concept lead by two of the most dedicated physical therapists in the field. Their willingness to go the extra mile for their patients and their community is unmatched. When I am in pain, there is no other option on the table. You won’t find another company even in the same arena as these guys.
Zach Johnson, PT, DPT, OCS
I have dedicated my life to helping my patients, always putting my own health on the back burner. I have been living with unrelenting chronic neck/back pain for years and thought I was destined to be in pain for the rest of my life. After working with the team at Sculpt U, I now have a new outlook on life, and I am back to doing the things I love with significantly less pain. They take the time to explain and educate their patients along with utilizing the power of touch which I find is lacking in healthcare. I wouldn’t hesitate to refer my patients or anyone else dealing with pain to Sculpt U. Thank you for my life back.
Dr. Barbara Stegmann, M.D., PhD
As a urologist focusing on men’s health for over 25 years, I have dealt with a vast array of patient illnesses. The number of patients with associated sports injuries of all types and at all ages has steadily increased, although low back pain seems to be one of the most common complaints. Getting my patients into a well-supervised and strategically designed exercise program is imperative to their having a successful outcome and overall sense of well-being. Sculpt U provides a unique service that is simply not found anywhere else. It focuses on a true holistic approach that puts the patient’s needs first — something that I wholeheartedly support. Sculpt U is creatively far ahead of its peers and is a medical service that I will regularly recommend for my patients.
Larry I. Lipshultz, M.D.
Professor of Urology
Lester and Sue Smith Chair in Reproductive Medicine
Chief, Division of Male Reproductive Medicine and Surgery